Saturday, January 10, 2009

What I learned in San Francisco...

when comparing San Franciscoians to SoCalians:

When it comes to phones in San Francisco it seemed like the only people on their phones were the businessmen. I saw some people on their phones but it wasn't for 20 minutes or an hour it was for only about 5 minutes at most. Also no one and I mean no one texts. I did not see one person texting on their phone. I told my dad it must be a southern Californian thing.

Clothing and this is a big one! No furry jackets or Ugg boots, just North Face jackets, scarfs and leather boots. You could tell a tourist a mile away wearing big furry marshmallow jackets with bog old Ugg boots when it is not that cold out.

The atmosphere is just different there too. It is a little rushy there and people do walk fast but people are nice there. You can have conversations with the homeless people who are rich compared to some of the homeless that we have here. Here we are kind of afraid of homeless people thinking that each one has something wrong with them. Either they are drug addicts or crazy.

Overall I prefer the San Francisco way. I have made it my mission to move there after I finish school. I mean in SoCal we do have the sun and beaches but really I think I could go a while without that stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should check out San Diego if you like San Francisco so much. The vibe is the same but it's not rushed or cold.