Saturday, April 30, 2005

Track Update

Here are all the things that have happened in the past few weeks:

1. Against Cypress the only team who won was the frosh/soph girls team. We got first in the 100 relay and I got 2nd in the 100 and 200. In the long jump I got first.
2. We raced against Kennedy and the boys varsity and girls frosh/soph won. We got first in the 100 relay and I got first in the 100, 200 and long jump.
3. Then we raced Loara on Wednesday and the boys frosh/soph and varsity won and girls frosh/soph won also.

The meet against Loara I got 3rd in the 400 with 1:07 and the 200 I got 28.97. I also did the 400 relay and I was the anchor. I was really nervous because I was racing the girl who had beaten me in the 400 earlier. So we had maybe a 20m lead when I got it and I kept in until the 2nd curve. The girl caught up and then passed me. When we came off the curb I got side by side with her and we kept switching places. The the last 40m or so I got this burst of speed and led us to a 5 foot lead! It was great.

This monday is League prelims and I am doing the 100, soo long jump and the 100 relay.

No comments: