Tuesday, August 17, 2004

First Blog

I started track when I was about 8 years old. People told me I had the talent to make something of it, but since I was young I didn't take it seriously. I kept it up until I was 10 and played soccer for two years which was a mistake. Those two years took alot of me and when I had my first race in two years in 7th grade I had the most terrable meet I have ever had in my life. In 8th grade I got my "groove" back and was kicking some butt until I had a bad start which ruined my chances of winning.

My first year of high school. I was excited about doing track at a whole new and different level. I had the confidence that I could make it on Varsity and my dad supported me and told me it would be hard. Sure enough my coach put me on Varsity and even pulled me aside and told me I could be the future of my school and even league and Orange County. Now that was a big shock to me. It was the beginning of the season and I wasn't to happy. I was racing against Juniors and Seniors and here I was... a tiny, little, no muscle Freshman who was getting 3rd or 2nd (if I was lucky).

So, the year went by and I had a great track season my first year. I got Varsity Letter and a plaque for "Most Improved Athlete". My olympic dream is still hot and apparently right in my hand if I work for it. So this summer I have been working out getting ready to go back to school and do off season track with one of my coaches. With that also comes its downs. My coach wants me to do the longest sprint, the 400. My worst thought of me is running the 400. UGGG!! I also have to do long jump which isn't that bad.

That is my whole track career so far. My dream of winning gold in the 2008 Olympics in China still is in my sight, but with it comes hard work.

2 comments:

Eric Jasso said...

Hi Sweetie, you DID work your butt off Freshman year, and look what it got you. Your first Varsity letter, some points for your team and a plaque! Of course I am proud of you...you have a gift. How you choose to use it is up to you. See you in China in 2008!

Di said...

I know I can't wait to be sitting in the stands, waiting for you to win your first medal. I will be so proud then, as I am everyday now. You can do whatever you want. Your dad and I will be there for you each step of the way!